Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Politics

Sometimes I have a real problem understanding how things work in our society, and wonder if it wouldn't indeed be easier if we all insisted on a work/life balance and honesty.

To not lead a family on who is open about the fact that they would love to grow, but have had a setback on the job front. To not expect limitless numbers of overtime for the good of the company who won't appreciate it anyway, especially not if you don't take work home.

This is a game I really don't want to play, I left the political commercials at home (one great benefit of being an expat), and life really is way to short to kill myself with work for a job that isn't even helping people or producing something that saves lives- it really isn't a life-changer if another widget isn't produced, is it?

This leads me back to the whole "What do I want to be when I grow up?!?" topic. A part of me is pretty sure that I will never really know.  But one thing is for sure, once I pay off the education that got me here, I will be looking for a job where the overtime makes a difference and getting THAT widget off the production line really maters. For an added bonus, it would be excellent to have management that doesn't belittle the work you do put in, or make half-assed decisions that no one understands. But that might be asking for too much.

Politics are unfortunately everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment